Skip to content
Nani has given expert presentations and talks at a variety of national and international forums on freedom of expression, internet freedom, and international litigation.
- Technology and the next frontier in human rights (video), Nani speaks at Berlin’s Hertie School of Governance about how to ensure that our digital society is inclusive and equipped to deal with the future challenges of technology, April 2018
- Radio Rechtsstaat (audio), Nani speaks about digital rights in the Dutch Radio Rechtsstaat podcast (in Dutch)
- Free Press Live 2017 (video), Nani is interviewed about her work at Free Press Live 2017, November 2017
- “The International State of Digital Rights, a Conversation with a UN Special Rapporteur” (video), interview with David Kaye, UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Freedom of Opinion and Expression, April 2016, (audio also available)
- “Rights are rights, online and offline”, keynote speech Internet Freedom Forum, Abuja, March 2016
- “Free and pluralist public debate, a precondition for democracy; how to create an enabling environment?”, opening panel Council of Europe freedom of expression conference, Strasbourg, October 2015
- “Lost in the web: how to navigate the legal maze and protect speech online” (video), re:publica, Berlin, May 2015
- “The open internet is everybody’s business” (video), Opening presentation at Global Voices summit, Cebu, January 2015.
- “Two years without YouTube: the legal battle to unblock the world’s 3rd most popular website in Pakistan”, ORGCon, London, November 2014
- “When the war on terror puts journalists behind bars”, International Press Institute World Congress, Cape Town, April 2014