Skip to content
Nani has given expert presentations and talks at a variety of national and international forums on freedom of expression, internet freedom, and international litigation.
- Free Press Live 2017 (video), Nani is interviewed about her work at Free Press Live 2017, November 2017
- “The International State of Digital Rights, a Conversation with a UN Special Rapporteur” (video), interview with David Kaye, UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Freedom of Opinion and Expression, April 2016, (audio also available)
- “Litigating free speech cases in the African regional courts” (video), presentation at Harvard Law School’s Human Rights Program, November 2016
- “Rights are rights, online and offline”, keynote speech Internet Freedom Forum, Abuja, March 2016
- “Free and pluralist public debate, a precondition for democracy; how to create an enabling environment?”, opening panel Council of Europe freedom of expression conference, Strasbourg, October 2015
- “Lost in the web: how to navigate the legal maze and protect speech online” (video), re:publica, Berlin, May 2015
- “The open internet is everybody’s business” (video), Opening presentation at Global Voices summit, Cebu, January 2015.
- “Two years without YouTube: the legal battle to unblock the world’s 3rd most popular website in Pakistan”, ORGCon, London, November 2014
- “When the war on terror puts journalists behind bars”, International Press Institute World Congress, Cape Town, April 2014